- Press Glass attaches great importance to the fact that customers and users of the service are assured that their personal data is protected adequately and in compliance with law and therefore it takes all measures to adequately protect any received personal information. We guarantee statutory standards and we keep working on enhancing the standards.
- On the site, Press Glass provides links to web services that include projects completed with the participation of the company. Although Press Glass is committed to highest standards in personal data protection and assuring privacy right, it is not able to assure that owners (administrators) of related web services follow the same principles as Press Glass has not influence upon their own privacy policies or cookie policies. Therefore, the company recommends to users that each time they become acquainted with the rules in force at their sites to which links are provided in this service.
- As a matter of principle, Press Glass does not provide space in its web service to other entities, e.g. for advertising or announcement purposes. However, should that happen, Press Glass – similarly to the situations referred to in § 2.2 – will not be able to assure if the owners (administrators) of those sites comply with the applicable legal regulations and appropriately protect information on users. In such circumstances, it is necessary to become acquainted with the privacy policies and cookie policies of those services.
§ 3 Collection, processing and storage of user data
- Viewing the web service www.pressglass.eu does not require the provision of any personal data by visitors.
- Press Glass may condition the provision of certain services offered on its web site to the disclosure of certain personal data by users. However, in that case Press Glass will each time specify if such data is required to perform the service or if the provision of such data is optional and voluntary – e.g. sending a contact form to the company requires such details as first and last name and e-mail address; subscribing to our newsletter – e-mail address.
§ 4 Disclosure of data to third parties
- Press Glass declares that it does not disclose information on users of its web service to any third parties; in particular, it does not disclose legally protected personal data obtained with the provision of services. However, Press Glass collaborates with external service providers which is detailed in § 6.
- Pursuant to Art. 31 of the Act on personal data protection, Press Glass as the personal data administrator, may outsource the processing of personal data, however solely for the purpose and to the extent specified in the relevant contract.
- Additionally, Press Glass may disclose any information on users only in the following instances: a) the interested person provides their consent; b) the duty to disclose such data results from the applicable legal regulations (e.g. during inspections made by authorised employees of GIODO); c) a request is received from a competent entity, including public administration bodies (e.g. Police, prosecutor’s office).
§ 5 Data collection
- Provision of e-mail address to the “Newsletter” shall be deemed as approval by the user to receive electronic information from Press Glass, including commercial information. Data to the newsletter base is added in line with the “double opt-in” rule when the confirmation sent to the specified e-mail address is approved.
- The use of the service shall be deemed as consent for automatic collection of information resulting from an analysis of access logs (the information is not identifiable to specific users since it is not related to any personal data, including e-mail addresses used in the newsletter!). Such information is used to diagnose problems related to access to the service, server operation, any attempted access by unauthorised persons.
- On the basis of the above data, Press Glass also analysis user behaviour in its web service in order to improve site functionality and to enhance the offered services as well as to personalise the service. Press Glass collects information related to viewing the service content by users such as the number and origin of visits, time of visits, the number and types of opened sub-pages, used links or computer IP number.
- The information is also used for statistical purposes to obtain demographic data (e.g. on the place from which the place was used, nationality of users, etc.). On such basis, aggregated general specifications are made to determine the popularity of the service among selected social groups – such data may be disclosed to third persons by Press Glass within their collaboration relating e.g. to increased the number of visits to the web site, promotion of the offered products in other portals, etc.
- For the purposes specified in § 5.4 Press Glass may also send questionnaires among its users to obtain their profile data (e.g. age, education, profession, income information). Completion of such questionnaires and disclose of data requested therein is voluntary. In each case, the questionnaires are processed in an anonymous manner and are used to develop a general image of service users.
§ 6 Use of external technology providers
- Press Glass is using services offered by external technology providers: Google and Facebook to carry out promotional activities, align the service to users’ expectations and to position the site in search results.
- In connection with the use of Google services, Press Glass informs that: a) it uses advertising functions of Analytics, such as remarketing, display reports in Google advertising network, integration of the DoubleClick platform, report of interest and demographic data. b) Google Analytics collects data on user traffic with cookie files relating to Google advertisements and anonymous identifiers; c) in no way there is no possibility to connect users’ personal data with anonymous information collected with Google functions; d) each user may deactivate advertising options by Google with advertising settings, advertising settings of mobile applications as well as tools to block advertisements that can be found at tools.google.com, and at www.google.com and www.networkadvertising.org.
- Press Glass, using Google and Facebook services, displays advertisements in the web basing on its users’ interests and location (remarketing). In that respect Press Glass: a) does not pursue advertising campaign to collect identifiable data (e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers); b) does not associate identifiable data with remarketing lists, cookie files, data files or other anonymous data; c) it does not associate information used to redirecting, such as demographic data or location, with any identifiable information collected with advertisements or its target site; d) does not provide any identifiable data with remarketing tags or data files on Press Glass products; e) does not send precise information on location without user consent; f) creating remarketing lists, it does not rely on any user information, such as: participation in adult activities or interest in such activities, sexual behaviour or sexual orientation, racial or ethnic information, political or trade union affiliation, religion or other beliefs, unfavourable financial status, health or health information, information on minors under 13 years of age, committed or suspected crimes; g) does not store or collect information on minors under 13 years of age; h) the content of the advertisements developed by Press Glass does not suggest any knowledge of identifiable data or confidential information; i) does promote in files data on products that is confidential; j) does not modify or obscure notification labels placed in advertisements by Google on which remarketing lists the user is placed; k) does not develop remarketing lists or advertisements that would reach users with unpermitted methods.
- In connection with the use of Facebook services, Press Glass informs that: a) data collected, obtained or received in connection with advertisements in Facebook, including as a result of advertisements displayed by Facebook and on the basis of user interactions with advertisements supported by Facebook is not acquired or used by any other entities apart from Press Glass; b) data related to advertisements in Facebook is not used for any other purpose (including changing of the target group, combination of data within multiple advertising campaigns, enabling use of the applied solutions or redirection with links) than to use aggregated or anonymised data to assess the effects and effectiveness of advertising campaigns in Facebook. Data related to advertisements in Facebook, including criteria of target groups, used to develop advertisements in Facebook, is not used in any case to develop or expand user profiles, including profiles related to any mechanisms identifying mobile devices or other mechanisms identifying any specific user, browser, computer or device; c) it may use information received directly from users if they have been explicitly informed thereof and consented thereto; d) either directly, or indirectly does not provide or sell data obtained during the use of Facebook services for any advertising networks, exchange platforms of advertising data, database brokers or other sites, and it does not provide such data to third parties that may subsequently disclose it to advertising networks;
- The software used to view web sites (web browser) as a default permits the saving of cookie file in users’ terminal devices. However, service users may at any time change the settings related to cookie files. The settings may be modified to block automatic support of cookies in the web browser or to inform the user each time they are sent to the user’s device.
- Detailed information on the possibilities and methods to handle cookies is provided in the settings of the web browser. No change to cookie settings means that cookie files will be saved on the user’s terminal device and thus we will save information on the user’s terminal device and access such information.
- Disabling cookies may hamper the use of certain services in our web service. However disabling cookies will not result in illegibility or viewing the content published on the web site.
- Cookies may be saved on the terminal device of the web service user and then used by the advertising platform collaborating with the service, research companies and other providers of multimedia platforms.
§ 8 Security measures
- Press Glass keeps controlling if the measures used to protect personal data and user information are adequate, sufficient and correctly applied. Additionally, Press Glass assures that it will endeavour to enhance the applied methods so that visitors to the web service are provided with better protection guarantees.
- Servers and computers are protected technically against data and information loss and against access by unauthorised persons who could use such data in an inappropriate manner or modify without user control.
- Press Glass endeavours that as few employees as possible have access to users’ and customers’ personal data; however, in view of the provision of services for them and performance of employee services, this is sometimes necessary. Those persons are aware of the rules of conduct with respect to personal data protection and have been obliged to comply with them.
§ 9 Modification or removal of personal data
- At any time users can access and modify and update their personal data.
- When personal data is modified, the user shall be obliged to update their personal data on the personalised profile in the service if one exists. Failing compliance with the duty, Press Glass shall not be liable for any damage or inconvenience that may arise.
- Press Glass offers users an opportunity to delete their personal data upon their explicit request in the form of an electronic letter or by clicking upon a corresponding link attached to the newsletter. The data may also be deleted in accordance with applicable law.
- Press Glass may refuse to delete personal data if the user has not paid all monies due to any services or has breached the rules of using the service or any specific service or the applicable legal regulations, and the maintenance of the personal data is required to clarify the circumstances and to determine the user’s liability.
§ 11 Contact with service administrator
- At any time users may contact the service administrator to obtain information if and how Press Glass uses or intends to use their personal data.
- Users may also approach the service administrator to exercise their rights as specified in § 9.
- The e-mail address to contact the administrator: email@example.com, and telephone number: +48 34 327 50 69.
This post is also available in: German French Croatian Italian Polish Russian