Solidarity demolished walls and removed the limitations to freedom in the name of the right to live in dignity and the development of peaceful revolution. The road opened by Solidarity has created new chances for civilization and begun the real commercial transformation of Poland and of the whole Central European region, therefore Press-Glas considers these events to be of the greatest importance.
The Solidarity for the Future Conference was organised to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Lech Walesa.
During the conference three sessions addressed the subjects:
- Is global peace possible?
- Europe ? Source of stability or threat to peaceful world development in the 21st century?
- Directions of world development ? How may we stand against the crisis?
The following persons were among the participants:
- Lech Walesa,
- His Holiness Dalajlama XIV,
- Nicolas Sarkozy,
- José Manuel Barroso,
- Donald Tusk,
- Prof. Leszek Balcerowicz,
- Andrzej Olechowski,
- Prof. Jerzy Buzek.